Thursday, August 24, 2006

And now, the tough part of my job...

We had a no-show today. One of the girls gave her notice and just decided not to show up. After calling all the stores in Edinburgh to find that every other store is short-staffed as well, I had to stay to cover. I had the priviledge of working 11 hours today. At least we had a trainee who could close with my manager, so he let me go home before closing.

People, if you work in a team setting and you don't like your job or your boss, don't do things that will shaft the rest of the team just because you are trying to "get back" at the boss or the company. Come on! Something like this has happened a couple of times recently and it really chaps my hide because the burden gets placed on innocent people.

Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: