Tuesday, October 04, 2005

"So, what's the cost of living like?"

petrol - about $7/gallon
chicken - about $2/breast
Starbucks - $5 for a tall mocha
Payless sort of shoes - $30
small candy bar - $1
lunch at a casual restaurant - starting @ $20/plate
"budget" soup and sandwich - $10
film - $10
film processing - $.40/print
dollar store towels - $10
cd - $25
books - very expensive
laundry - $2 for wash, $2 for 30 minutes in dryer (which hardly dries the clothes)

Needless to say I have not had a Starbucks since we got here. I could really go for a mocha!

Fortunately, I have been able to find some things very cheap. I pay about $.50 for a loaf of bread (but we go through bread like lightening now!). We have been living mainly on some of the staples I can get a good deal on. I managed to keep our food budget at or below what we were spending in the States, although I am now becoming more familiar with what is available and have been doing a little more cooking. :)

No comments: