Friday, June 09, 2006

Sprouts!

I made a feeble attempt at growing sprouts a couple of months ago. I didn't have adequate equipment, or I just didn't know what I was doing. Last time we were at the healthfood store I saw a jar for growing sprouts. It was only 4 quid so I figured it wouldn't be much of a loss if it didn't work and it was worth a try. I was happy to see wee sprouts the day after I started them and just 6 days later they were ready to be 'harvested.' This was my dinner tonight. We never even eat lettuce anymore. We always use spinich in it's place for salads, sandwiches, and even tacos. I sprinkled on some sprouts and a wee bit of cheese, added Costco's Ceasar salad dressing and Voila!

I 'harvested' my alfalfa sprouts just yesterday. This container was full and now this is all that is left. We have been enjoying them on our salads and even on our BLTs today (that's another post). I am now trying millet. We will have to be patient as we find sprouts that we like (I liked the alfalfa).

No comments: