Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Detox

I have been threatening myself to do a detox diet for some time now, but I have not had the courage. Well, I decided that probably the only time I could get myself to do it (at least for the first time) is during lent. Today is the first day.

This will be the most difficult lent I have ever observed. This diet is basically vegan, wheat-free, sugar-free, caffeine (!!)-free. When I was on holiday I had gotten off caffeine, but it seems that since I have been back for one week I have become addicted again as I am nursing a headache just now. I am not looking forward to the next 2 days where I will be opening without my latte.

Anyways, some things I CAN have which I will be taking advantage of: rice or almond milk, rice or millet pasta, tofu (not a big fan in the past, but what can I do!?), TVP (haven't tried yet, I'll find out how it is), wheat-free rye bread, egg substitute. I am supposed to eat as much as I can as raw as possible and try to buy organic. I will have to plan ahead to soak my pulses overnight and try to cook my veg as little as possible. I am happy that I can eat fruit, but since we got here I have not bought a ton because it is so expensive and goes so quickly. I do want to join a box scheme, but my schedule is so sporadic and I will not be here the same day every week to accept it. I have already been to the healthfood store twice to stock up and have a delivery coming Friday. :)

Well, we will see how it goes. I am 9-stone now. I don't have a LOT to lose, but I'm curious to see how much I lose by the end.

Oh, by the way, I am not detoxing for the purpose of losing weight. That will just be one of the added perks.

Oh, and if you are reading this Michelle, don't worry. We will still have Chicago-style deep-dish next week. ;)

1 comment:

Josh and Deliverance said...

A stone is a unit of measure. One stone is I think 14 pounds, but I am not sure if that is a British pound (probably).